Saturday, May 15, 2010

After a course....

Just finished my first I-term course-Crisis and trauma counseling twelve hours ago. It was intensive, but so worthy to learn.
I still remeber the first day of the class, while Dr. Floyd led the prayer, a thought came to my mind: Behind every crisis, there is God's purpose. However, what I really felt at that moment seemed to have deeper meanings than these words.

Another thought I had in the class is that crisis counseling is not only to help people go through crises, but also let the counselor know God more. I can't explain it clearly. Maybe it is an "insight". Anyway, I'll keep this thought in my mind and see how God will lead me.

I am so surprised that a one-week course brings me so many thoughts (though I only list two of them). It indeed influences how I see people and my views of the counseling. Thank God for such a good opportunity to learn this topic with Dr. Floyd. Some things change in my mind, good changes. Hope they will last within me for long long time.....

Every little step is part of Your plan..

No comments: